In order to increase security to Jordan School District computer systems, the following changes are being implemented:
- The minimum password length will be 10 characters for employee passwords in Skyward, Google and Active Directory (the password you use to log in to your computer every morning.) At some point over the next few months, you may be prompted to create a new password that is at least 10 characters long. As a reminder, a strong password includes upper case and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
- For employee Google email accounts (@jordandistrict.org), emails will have an eight-year retention. All emails that are eight years or older will automatically be deleted from Google.
If you have any questions, please contact the Information Systems help desk at 801-567-8737.
All Licensed Educators,
Thank you for your past and present interest in the JSD Teacher Transfer Fair Events. This is an important event for licensed educators who are seeking new opportunities throughout the District.
The Teacher Transfer Fair schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, March 28, 2019
- Riverton High (gym) 12476 S. Silverwolf Way, Riverton, UT 84065
- 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- ***Both Elementary and Secondary Schools will be participating.
Here are a few reminders for licensed educators participating in this event:
- Bring your JSD ID badge, which will allow you entrance into the fair
- Bring copies of your resume to distribute
Additional information regarding the transfer process will be available at the fair.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the 2019 Teacher Transfer Fair at Riverton High.
Do you often feel like you don’t have the time to be active? Just 10 minutes/3 times a day most days a week can have a huge impact on your health. Join us this month to ensure you get your activity in for the day with some quick, fun workouts.
Event: March Workout Warrior
To register, sign up using the following link: March Workout Warrior Signup
Workout Warrior is moderated by PEHP Wellness staff and is email-based and self-paced. You receive useful health information about physical activity. Enroll to be better informed, increase your motivation, and you might even win a prize for participating.
Participating is easy.
- Keep track of physical activity.
- Report step total at the end of the month.
- Be entered to win a $10 Amazon gift card! (URS/PEHP employees are not eligible to receive prizes).
Learn why eating well is key to healthy weight loss, effective workouts, managing disease and mental health. Stories include:
- Outer Aisle Fresh: When trying to lose a few pounds, learn to spot innocent-looking but high-calorie foods that can derail your progress.
- Get Moving: Eating a well-balanced diet will supply the nutrients and energy needed to improve your workout results and how well you exercise.
- The Whole You - Physical Health: The right nutrition prescription can help your body heal and perform well when managing individual health conditions.
- The Whole You - Emotional/Mental Health: We can relieve stress through regular exercise, relaxation techniques and sound sleep. Can we also reduce stress with diet?
- Fiscal Fitness: Here's how to take advantage of farmers markets.
- Plus Healthy Connections: According to a recent study, the number of obese children and adolescents worldwide has increased from 11 million to 124 million in the past 40 years. What does this mean for the next generation’s health? And, what can parents do to encourage their kids to be active?
- Stock Your Tool Box: Don’t miss our downloadable and printable PDF, DASH to Better Health, plus other resources at mar.hopehealth.com.
March 2019 EMI Be Well Newsletter
The Military Game is Saturday, March 16, 2019 and tickets are $10.00 (regularly $22.00.) All proceeds go to support Jordan School District students.
For more information on tickets, contact Kristin Whiting at 801-694-0283.
March 16 Grizzly Hockey Flyer
All Jordan School District employees get free admission to the Salt Lake Tribune Home & Garden Show on Friday, March 8, 2019. Employees will need to show their JSD badge at the door to receive the discount or they can purchase tickets online using the promo code “TEACHER.”
2019 Salt Lake Tribune Home & Garden Show Flyer
Odyssey Dance Theater is offering $10 tickets for Jordan School District students, employees and up to 6 family members. Tickets are normally $25-$40. There are 3 shows to choose from at this price.
To purchase tickets go to odysseydance.com and enter code: STUDENT 2019.
Cornerstone Home Lending is offering special homeownership programs, where you can qualify for financing to purchase a home. They our offering low or no down payment options available to Utah teachers. Sellers will receive a reduced paid commission, and buyer will receive a credit towards closing costs. Savings on other moving expenses included.