Do you have concerns about your child’s social and emotional wellness? Schedule an appointment for a FREE Social & Emotional Wellness Screening for Students (Ages 12-18) on Tuesday, April 30 at Foothills Elementary and Tuesday, May 7 at Heartland Elementary.
At each event, licensed professionals will:
- Discuss possible mental and behavioral health needs for your child.
- Connect students and families to community resources.
These screenings are by appointment only. Space is limited.
- Individual appointments every 20 minutes between 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Interpreters will be available upon request.
- Childcare will be provided for children ages 2-10.
- Food & drinks will be provided.
Visit wellness.jordandistrict.org to schedule an appointment or contact Holly Todd at 801-567-8194 or email@example.com.
Applications are now open for the summer History Academy for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers. The Academy will run June 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7th. Teachers will receive instruction on using literacy skills to teach history and will receive a stipend for attending and completing the Academy.
Priority will be given to school teams of a 4th, 5th and 6th grade teacher or teams of grade level teachers. There are only 15 slots available. Applications need to be emailed to Pam Su'a at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 12.
To apply please submit the following information:
- Name and grade of teachers wishing to participate.
- A statement that all teachers on the team will attend every day of the Academy and participate fully.
- A statement detailing how much social studies you currently are able to teach.
Selected teachers will be notified by April 15 and given further details.
Please review the following important payroll dates for April 2019 and Spring Recess.
- Payroll Due: including all March absences and approvals: April 2
- Last day to change direct deposit accounts: April 10
** Please let Payroll know of any changes to your account after this date. Any bank account changes will affect your check on payday.
- Paychecks available for viewing in Employee Access: April 23
** Strongly recommended
- Payday: April 25
- 242 & 245 contracts: April 19
- Year-Round Elementary: April 17 - 19
- Traditional, 204, 206 contracts: April 15 - 19
As per DP 335: Employees who have not been approved by Human Resources to use a personal day before or after a holiday may be docked (certified $105 or classified 40% of their daily rate)
Please refer to policy for further clarification.
The advantage of a Roth IRA is the potential to withdraw tax-free in retirement.
You pay taxes upfront by contributing after tax dollars. In return, you enjoy tax-free withdrawals when you meet certain conditions — generally, that the account is at least five years old and you’re over age 59.
Contribute to your URS Roth IRA through payroll deductions. You may also roll funds from other Roth IRAs or other retirement plans to your URS account.
IRS limits apply to your combined contributions to all traditional and Roth IRAs.
Because most of your retirement income sources — pension, Social Security, 401(k) — will likely be taxed, the Roth IRA gives you tax diversity in retirement.
Here’s another great thing about the Roth IRA: You can withdraw your contributions (not counting any earnings) without taxes or penalties at any time. This makes it perfect for saving for both retirement and unexpected expenses.
Learn more about the URS Roth IRA on the URS Roth IRA page.
Do you feel like you have been hibernating all winter? Wake up from your winter blues and rejuvenate your body and mind in the garden. It’s easy to participate:
Any activity counts towards “steps” whether you walk, run, bike, swim, or play basketball! QUESTIONS? Call: 801-366-7300 Toll Free: 855-366-7300 or Email: email@example.com