URS Individual Retirement Planning Sessions are now available through video conferencing or over the phone.
Meet one-on-one with a URS Retirement Planning Advisor for custom retirement guidance. The format will be identical to in-person sessions previously offered throughout the state.
We can answer questions and provide advice about your retirement benefits such as:
- Which Tier 2 benefit should I choose?
- How much should I save?
- Which retirement savings plans (401(k), 457(b), IRA, Roth IRA) are right for me?
- Which investments are right for me?
- How much will my pension pay me in retirement?
Go to www.urs.org/us/counseling for more information about Individual Retirement Planning and how to sign up for a session.
The following is a member reference guide to URS resources.
|Are Retiring Within the Next Three Years*
||Retirement Benefits Department to request a pension estimate: 801-366-7770 or 800-695-4877
|Are Retiring Within the Next Three Months
||Retirement Benefits Department to initiate application process: 801-366-7770 or 800-695-4877
|Have Questions About
» 401(k), 457, Roth IRAs, Traditional IRAs
» investment options » rollovers » loans
|Savings Plans Department:
801-366-7720 or 800-688-4015
|Have Questions About Service Credit or Service Purchases
||Retirement Benefits Department
801-366-7770 or 800-695-4877
|Need Help Accessing Your myURS Online Account
||801-366-7700 or 800-365-8772
|Want to Schedule a Retirement Planning Session
Note: These sessions are comprehensive and provide a projection of retirement income from all sources to help you prepare for your future retirement.
Sessions are applicable for all employees, regardless of proximity to retirement.
- Go to www.urs.org and log in to myURS
- Click the “Education” tab
- Click “Individual Retirement Planning Sessions”
- Select the session to reserve appointment
* Though online calculators at www.urs.org can be helpful planning tools, employees retiring within three years should contact URS at the number above for an estimate.
Due to the District Office closing for Thanksgiving Recess at the end of the day on Wednesday, Nov. 25th, and not returning until Monday, Nov. 30th, the Payroll Department is making the following recommendations:
- If you need to close your bank account, please call Payroll immediately.
- If you are a True Time employee, make sure your time is submitted. If you are a True Time approver, please make sure all time is approved.
- Paychecks are available for viewing in Employee Access on Saturday, Nov. 21st.
Please review your pay check and call Payroll immediately with any questions or concerns. (801) 567-8155.
If you need help logging into your Employee Access, call the help desk at 801-567-8737.
The Payroll Department will resume work on Nov 30, 2020 and will be available if you have any questions.
Thank you for your efforts in assisting Payroll.
The Teaching and Learning Literacy department is offering one final round of training for the Multisyllable Routine Card (MSRC) program from 95% Group.
Teachers who have implemented this program have been excited with the results that they are seeing. Some of the comments have been, "Where has this been my whole career?" "Why haven't I known about this until now?" "This was so easy to implement and has such a big impact!"
If you have not yet been trained we hope that you will sign up for one of the final training dates. Please register on JPLS. The Course Title is "95% Group Multisyllable Routine Cards (MSRC) 3rd-6th Grades" and the course number is 101525. The final training dates are:
- Wednesday December 2nd - 4:00-7:00 (off contract - teachers will be paid)
- Friday December 4 - 8:00-11:00 (on contract - teachers will not be paid)
- Friday December 11 - 1:00-4:00 (on contract - teachers will not be paid)
Any and all websites that are domain specific to Weebly or Wix will be blocked by the JSD iBoss Filter on January 18, 2020. All Weebly or Wix sites content will need to be transferred to a JSD supported website. For assistance please contact your school Digital Coach and your school assigned Digital Learning Specialist.
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon all offer discounts to Jordan School District employees. Please check out the latest deal flyers below.
During the 2020-21 contract year, performance evaluations for Education Support Professionals will be optional, with the exception of Provisional employees. By policy, provisional employees must be evaluated twice in their first year of employment. For career employees, evaluations are recommended if performance concerns exist.
Below you will find the return to school testing information pamphlet for schools, in English and Spanish. Please note, that registration is REQUIRED prior to someone coming to the test events.
The Salt Lake County Health Department is offering free Rapid COVID-19 testing for students and employees. This testing is for people who meet the requirements to test 7 days after mask-on-mask school exposure and return to school early.
You can get a Rapid COVID-19 test at the Maverik Center, 3200 South Decker Lake Drive in West Valley City at the following days and times. Registration is required:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday events are for ASYMPTOMATIC individuals, this is a Rapid COVID-19 test.
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday events are for SYMPTOMATIC individuals, this is NOT a Rapid COVID-19 test.
- Testing is available from 2 – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Saturday.
- Testing is CLOSED November 26, 27, 28, December 24, 25, 26, 31 and January 1 and 2.
Please note, registration is REQUIRED prior to participating in the test events and lines may be long. Scan the QR code on the attached flyer to register.
All COVID testing in Utah is at NO COST to you. Find other testing opportunities at coronavirus.utah.gov.
Come join Utah Retirement Systems for an informational webinar on your retirement benefits.
The following webinars are available in November and December for URS members to attend:
Understanding Social Security
What do you need to know about Social Security? Attend this session to understand how Social Security benefits apply to you throughout your life's journey.
Wednesday, November 4, 2020 | 10:00 a.m. | Register Now
Tier 2 Choice
This overview for employees within their first year of URS-eligible employment will help you understand your two retirement choices.
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 | 2:00 p.m. | Register Now
Take Advantage of The Versatile Roth IRA
Learn the many benefits this Retirement Savings Plan can provide you.
Tuesday, December 8, 2020 | 10:00 a.m. | Register Now
Valued Licensed Employee:
The Human Resource Department is contacting you with important information regarding upcoming events and opportunities.
Teachers and other educators whose license will expire on June 30, 2021, are encouraged to begin the license renewal process IMMEDIATELY by going to the USOE website https://secure.utah.gov/elr/welcome.html. Personal letters regarding license renewal information have already been sent out.
EARLY NOTIFICATION (Resignation or Retirement)
Employees resigning/retiring at the end of the current contract year, that give official early notification of resignation/retirement, will be eligible for a tiered incentive. To qualify, notification must be submitted online on or before the following dates:
- December 15, 2020: $500.00
- January 15, 2021: $300.00
- February 15, 2021: $200.00
The incentive will be paid on the last regular paycheck. Notifications of resignation or retirement received after the dates listed above will not qualify for an incentive. The official District resignation/retirement notification form is found in Skyward under “My Access”. Please see District policy DP318 for more detailed information regarding resignations. If you do not know your Skyward username or password please contact the Help Desk at 801.567.8737.
TEACHER TRANSFER FAIR
The annual Teacher Transfer Fair is for current Jordan School District teachers seeking a new teaching opportunity! The transfer fair will be combined for both elementary and secondary teachers. Please have copies of your resume available to distribute. Your JSD ID badge is required to gain entry. Come explore your options!
- Transfer Fair - Elementary & Secondary
- February 17, 2021
- More information to come
Healthy Holidays - Maintain Don't Gain
November 16th - January 4th
The holidays can be a busy time of year. Maintain your health throughout all the festivities with tips and resources to help you eat wisely, stress less and keep moving!
- Week 1: The Scents & Sounds of the Holidays - Prepare for the upcoming season with a plan and a healthy holiday meal.
- Week 2: All is Calm, All is Bright - Create a more serene you by giving yourself the gift of self-improvement.
- Week 3: Tis the Season to be Freezin’ - Get “winterized” by preparing your home and immune system for the colder weather.
- Week 4: Making Spirits Bright - Enhance the well-being of others by serving and discovering new strategies for a happier holiday season.
- Week 5: Even if “The Weather Outside is Frightful” - Stay active this holiday season indoors or outdoors.
- Week 6: The Best Present is Family Presence - Connect with your past and experience a heart-warming holiday season.
- Week 7: For a Better & Brighter Future - Set your New Year’s resolutions with a positive mindset for better health in the new year.
- Week 8: To All a Good Night - Reward yourself for the healthy habits you created during this challenge and put an eventful 2020 to bed!
Wellness challenges are email based, self paced educational programs that focus on areas of well being. Often used to jump-start personal goals, challenges can help you take charge of your health.
Do you know who your school’s ELD teacher lead is? (It might be the Instructional coach and it might not be). We will be meeting with all school level ELD leads on Fri. Nov. 20th, via zoom, from 9 a.m.-10 a.m. Even if you are not the ELD lead, we encourage the instructional coach to attend.
The Salt Lake County Health Department is offering free community testing events at the Maverik Center. You can decrease your wait time through registering in advance by calling 385-468-4082 or scanning the QR code on the flyer. All COVID testing in Utah is NO COST to you.
- Tuesdays, 2–5pm
- Thursdays, 2–5pm
- Saturdays, 10am–2pm
- Nov. 26 and 28
- Dec. 24 and 26
- Dec. 31 and January 2
COVID testing is for people with symptoms* or who have been in close contact** with someone who has COVID.
* Symptoms include cough, fever or chills, fatigue, aches, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
** Close contact means within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more
- Payroll Due: 11/3/20
- Last day to change direct deposit accounts: 11/10/20
** Please let Payroll know of any changes to your account after this date. Any bank account changes will affect your check on payday.
- Paychecks available for viewing in Employee Access: 11/21/20
** Strongly recommended
- Payday: 11/25/20
- District Office will be closed for Thanksgiving Recess: 11/26-11/27/20
True Time Deadlines for Pay Period
10/5/20 – 11/1/20
- Employee Final Submittal: 11/4/20
- First Approval: 11/6/20
- Final Approval: 11/10/20
Please inform new True Time employees of these deadlines.
- *YRE, 242, 245 contracts: Nov 26-27
*These employees must record a leave day if not in attendance on Nov 25th (Traditional school principals may use a vacation day as this is a non-student day)
- Traditional, 206 contracts: Nov 25-27
As per DP335(B): Employees who have not been approved by Human Resources for using an annual/personal day before and after a holiday may be docked (certified $131 or classified 40% of their daily rate). Please refer to policy for further clarification.
- Traditional Elem (Comp Day Nov 13) Nov 9-12
- YRE Tracks A,B,C (Comp Day Nov 7) Nov 2-6
- YRE Track D (Comp Day Nov 21) Nov 16-20
As per DP335 NEG: Licensed employees may not use a personal or annual leave day if absent from parent teacher conferences. They may use a sick day or a no-pay day if applicable. The absence should be entered on the comp day.
Please see the attached documents for Educational Support Professional, Licensed and Administration leave policies.
Jordan School District has the opportunity each year to celebrate elementary principals for the great work they are doing in their schools. Principals may be nominated in the following categories. If you feel that your principal has done exceptional work in one of these areas, we invite you to nominate them through this survey. Nominations are due Nov. 17, 2020.
The Blomquist Hale Newsletter for the 4th Quarter has arrived. In this issue, you will find articles on Managing Holiday Stress, 5 Ways to Relax Over The Holidays, and Family Fun For The Holidays.
If you are a contracted employee and need to take Annual/Personal Leave before or after Winter recess for any reason not listed in policy DP335NEG or DP335B, you must submit a request as follows:
How to Request
During the window, the employee must send the request through email. Please include your name, school, position, and the date you are requesting the leave. Requests left on voicemail or over the phone will NOT be accepted.
The employee will receive an email confirmation within two working days after submitting the request. If the employee does not receive a confirmation email, then Human Resources has NOT received your request and your leave will not be approved.
||Date of Holiday
(180, 184, 187, 206, 207, 228 Contracts)
|Dec. 21, 2020 - Jan. 1, 2021
||Nov. 6 – Nov. 16, 2020
|Dec. 22, 2020 - Jan. 1, 2021
||Nov. 7 – Nov. 17, 2020
(242, 245 Contracts)
|Dec. 23, 2020 - Jan. 1, 2021
(245 works Dec 28-30)
|Nov. 8 – Nov. 18, 2020
Jordan School District Employees are responsible for knowing and adhering to all District policies and procedures. The annual crucial policy review is available to District employees in Skyward through "Online Forms." As a condition of continued employment, all employees, with the exception of minor students, are required to complete the crucial policy review by December 1, 2020.
Employees may access this policy review via their Employee Access in Skyward. If you need assistance in accessing Skyward, please call the help desk at 801-567-USER (8737).