Attention JSD Educators,
Department chair/team leader positions are now advertised for the three new schools opening in August, 2019 (a middle school in South Jordan, an elementary school in Bluffdale and an elementary school in Herriman).
Additional compensated work for certain positions may be required prior to the beginning of the contract year.
JSD educators interested in applying for the department chair/team leader positions must submit an application using Skyward "Employee Access". Please see the attached tutorial for application instructions. How to Apply at Jordan School District.
For information regarding a position, advertising schedule, position descriptions and instructions on how to apply, visit the Work At Jordan Job Postings at the New Schools page.
For assistance in accessing Skyward Employee Access, please contact the Help Desk at 801-567-8737. For questions regarding positions at the new schools, please contact the principals:
How to Apply at Jordan School District
Everyone is invited to take a big-picture view of retirement planning at the following free 2019 URS Seminars beginning in March.
2019 URS Seminar Brochure
The following are new administrative assignments for 2019.
- Assignments effective January 15, 2019:
- Becky Gerber, consultant in Teaching & Learning – Elementary Language Arts K-6, appointed as a new Administrator of Schools.
- Meredith Doleac, principal at Monte Vista Elementary School, appointed principal of the new elementary school in Herriman.
- Nanette Ririe, assistant principal at Blackridge and Foothills Elementary Schools, appointed principal at Monte Vista Elementary School.
- TBD, assistant principal at Blackridge and Foothills Elementary Schools.
- Carolyn Bona, principal at Midas Creek Elementary School, appointed principal at the new elementary school in Bluffdale.
- Megan Cox, assistant principal at Golden Fields and Rose Creek Elementary Schools, appointed principal at Midas Creek Elementary School.
- TBD, assistant principal at Golden Fields and Rose Creek Elementary Schools.
- Michael Glenn, principal at Oqurrih Hills Middle School, appointed principal at the new middle school in South Jordan.
- Donna Hunter, assistant principal at West Jordan High School, appointed principal at Oquirrh Hills Middle School.
- Sterling Hunt, History/US Government teacher at Herriman High School, appointed assistant principal at West Jordan High School.
- Rodney Shaw, principal at Fort Herriman Middle School, appointed administrator on special assignment in Teaching & Learning and principal at the new middle school in Bluffdale beginning January 2020.
- Eric Price, assistant principal at West Jordan Middle School, appointed principal at Fort Herriman Middle School.
- Aaron Hunter, assistant principal at Joel P. Jensen Middle School, appointed assistant principal at West Jordan Middle School.
- Josh Stott, assistant principal in Davis School District, appointed assistant principal at Joel P. Jensen Middle School.
- Mary Ann Erdmann, consultant in Teaching & Learning, will assume the responsibilities of consultant in Student Intervention Services, replacing G. Norma Villar who is retiring.
- Paul Bergera, staff assistant in Auxiliary Services, appointed Director of Transportation Services, replacing Herb Jensen who is retiring.
- Curtis Hagen, assistant principal at Riverton High School, appointed staff assistant in Auxiliary Services.
- Curtis Jenson, high school principal in Idaho, appointed assistant principal at Riverton High School for the remainder of the 2018-19 academic year.
- Ross Menlove, assistant principal at Silver Crest Elementary School, appointed administrator on special assignment in Teaching & Learning, Digital and Blended Learning K-12.
- Nathan Price, school psychologist in Canyons District, appointed assistant principal at Silver Crest Elementary School.
- Michelle Lovell, principal at Jordan Hills Elementary School, appointed consultant in Teaching & Learning – Elementary Language Arts K-6.
- Leilani Brecht, current BYU Clinical Faculty Advisor, appointed principal at Jordan Hills Elementary School.
- Assignments effective February 11, 2019:
- Thomas Gatten, assistant principal at West Jordan High School, appointed assistant principal at Mountain Ridge High School.
- Michael Hutchings, assistant principal at Bingham High School, appointed assistant principal at West Jordan High School.
- Kenneth Damron, intern assistant principal in Granite School District, appointed intern assistant principal at Bingham High School.
- Assignments effective July 1, 2019:
- Jenicee Jacobson, assistant principal at Bingham High School, appointed assistant principal at West Jordan High School.
- Michelle Putnam, assistant principal at West Jordan High School, appointed assistant principal at Bingham High School.
- Jentry Johnson, exercise science teacher at Copper Hills High School, appointed assistant principal at Mountain Ridge High School.
- Tina Susuico, assistant principal at Elk Meadows and Monte Vista Elementary Schools, appointed principal at Mountain Shadows Elementary School, replacing Annette Huff who is retiring.
- TBD, Assistant Principal at Elk Meadows and Monte Vista Elementary Schools.
- Candie Checketts, assistant principal at Butterfield Canyon Elementary School, appointed principal at Rosamond Elementary School, replacing Colleen Wheeler who is retiring.
- TBD, Assistant Principal at Butterfield Canyon Elementary School.
- Curtis Jenson, high school principal in Idaho, appointed assistant principal at Oquirrh Hills Middle School, replacing Terry Price who is retiring.
- Sonja Burton, consultant in Career & Technical Education, appointed principal at JATC – South, replacing Nicole Johnson who is relocating.
- Rita Bouillon, principal at Kauri Sue Hamilton, appointed principal at South Valley School, replacing Cindy Williams-Mitchell who is retiring.
- Courtney Titus, consultant in Special Education, appointed principal at Kauri Sue Hamilton School.
- Shelly Davis, principal at Heartland Elementary School, appointed consultant in Special Education.
- Buddy Alger, assistant principal at Bluffdale Elementary, appointed principal at Heartland Elementary School.
- Brian King, consultant in Special Education, appointed principal at River’s Edge, replacing Don Link who is retiring.
- TBD, Consultant in Special Education.
- Nicholas Hansen, administrator in Human Resources, appointed principal at Golden Fields Elementary School, replacing Kyle Hansen who is retiring.
- TBD, Human Resources Elementary and Secondary Administrators.
Wellness Today For Teachers features practical resources for the classroom. Stories include:
- Intervening When Students Are Mean to Each Other
- Signs of Emotional Struggles and How to Help
- Teaching Children Assertive Responses to Unkindness
How To Get Help
Wellness Today Newsletter
- Payroll due 1/3/19
- Last day to add, close or change direct deposit accounts 1/10/19
** Please let Payroll know immediately if you close your account or make any changes to your account
- Paychecks available for viewing in Employee Access 1/23/19
- Payday 1/25/19
True Time Deadlines for Pay Period 12/3/18 – 1/6/19
- Employee Final Submittal: 1/9/19
- First Approval: 1/11/19
- Final Approval: 1/14/19
True Time Deadlines for Pay Period 12/3/18 – 1/6/19
- Employee Final Submittal: 1/9/19
- First Approval: 1/11/19
- Final Approval: 1/14/19
Use of Personal Leave Days before/after School Holiday
School Holiday/Date | Dates
- New Year’s 1/1/19 | 1/2/19
- Martin Luther King 1/21/19 | 1/18/19 & 1/22/19
As per DP 335(B): Employees who have not been approved by Human Resources for using a personal day before and after a holiday may be docked (certified $105 or classified 40% of their daily rate). Please refer to policy for further clarification.
- *Traditional Grade Transmittal Day 1/14/19
*All 206, 242 and 245 employees must record a leave day if not in attendance.
*Traditional principals may use a vacation day as this is a non-student day
*This is a paid contract day for 177-day year round employees, therefore, a leave day must be recorded if not in attendance.
All Licensed Educators,
Thank you for your past and present interest in the JSD Teacher Transfer Fair Events. This is an important event for licensed educators who are seeking new opportunities throughout the District. A special thanks to Jim Birch and his administrative team for volunteering to host the first Teacher Transfer Fair in 2019.
The Teacher Transfer Fair schedule is as follows:
- Date: Monday, January 14, 2019
- Time: 12 noon to 6 p.m.
- Location: West Jordan High School (gymnasium – north-east end)
- ***Both Elementary and Secondary Schools will be participating.
Here are a few reminders for licensed educators participating in this event:
- Enter from the north-east doors of West Jordan High
- Bring your JSD ID badge, which will allow you entrance into the fair
- Bring copies of your resume to distribute
Additional information regarding the transfer process will be available at the fair.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the 2019 Teacher Transfer Fair at West Jordan High.
Start 2019 by learning how healthy you are!
Participate in a Healthy Utah testing session. All employees and spouses covered on the Jordan School District PEHP medical plan are eligible to participate in the health incentive program. Healthy Utah offers a free 30 minute appointment with a professional staff member, which includes these assessments:
- Diabetes risk
- Blood pressure
- Body Composition
See the poster below for more information on dates, times, locations and how you can set an appointment to be screened. You can even earn a "Good For You" cash rebate just by participating!
If you have questions about your Medicare and Social Security benefits, please join us for this important presentation that will give you the facts you need about future benefits.
The presentation will be held on Jan. 9, 2019, 6 p.m. at the Auxiliary Services Building Presentation Room. For questions, please contact the Insurance Department at 801-567-8255.
Medicare & Social Security 101 Invitation
This Gala will benefit a Mckinney Vento Scholarship for Jordan School District Students with severe financial need who want to attend classes at the Jordan Academy For Technology and Careers (JATC).
The Gala is Saturday, January 12th, 7-10 pm.
Jordan District Employees can use code "JSD" at checkout to receive a $15 discount on an individual ticket. Or use the code "JSD19" for a couples ticket and receive a $20 discount.
To purchase tickets, please visit The Winter Collection Fundraising Gala page.
Teacher Appreciation Day is Friday, January 11th at the Salt Lake Home Show. All teachers AND school employees receive FREE admission with a valid District ID at Will Call. Attendees can also save $3 on-line for additional tickets by using code TEACHER
To purchase tickets, please visit the Salt Lake Home Show Ticket Info site.
West Jordan Women in Business is teaming up with ‘That Paint Thing’ for an exclusive night of dining, painting, and prize drawings to raise funds for Principal's Pantries in Jordan School District.
Painting for the Pantries is on Friday, February 8, 6 - 9 p.m.
Jordan District Employees receive a discount when purchasing (2) tickets with dinner. To purchase tickets, see links below:
401k/403b/457 Elective Deferral Limit
$19,000 - catch up limit $6,000 (age 50 or over)
Traditional and Roth IRA Contribution Limit
$6,000 – catch up limit $1,000 (age 50 or over)
Health Savings Account (HSA) Contribution Limit
$3,500 single coverage
$7,000 family coverage
Catch up limit $1,000 (age 55 or over)
The Human Resource Department is contacting valued licensed employees with important information regarding upcoming events and opportunities.
Teachers and other educators whose license will expire on June 30, 2019, are encouraged to begin the license renewal process IMMEDIATELY by going to the USBE website. Personal letters regarding license renewal information have already been sent out. Keep in mind that there is no cost to the employee associated with the background check.
EARLY NOTIFICATION (Resignation/Retirement)
Employees resigning/retiring at the end of the current contract year that give official early notification of resignation/retirement, will be eligible for a tiered incentive. To qualify, notification must be submitted online on or before the following dates:
- December 15, 2018 $500.00
- January 15, 2019 $300.00
- February 15, 2019 $200.00
The incentive will be paid on the last regular paycheck. Notifications of resignation/retirement received after the dates listed above will not qualify for an incentive. The official District resignation/retirement notification form is found in Skyward Employee Access under Task Processes. Please see District policy DP318 for more detailed information regarding resignations. If you do not know your Skyward username or password please contact the Help Desk at 801.567.8737.
TEACHER TRANSFER FAIRS
The dates of the Teacher Transfer Fairs below are for current Jordan School District teachers seeking a new teaching opportunity! Please have copies of your resume available to distribute. Your JSD ID badge is required. Come explore your options!
- Elementary & Secondary | January 14, 2019 | West Jordan High (gym), 8136 S. 2700 W., West Jordan | 12 - 6 p.m.
- Elementary Only | February 20, 2019 | Fort Herriman Middle (gym), 14058 S. Mirabella Drive, Herriman | 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Secondary Only | February 21, 2019 | Copper Hills High (Tech Atrium), 5445 W. New Bingham Hwy, West Jordan | 4 - 6 p.m.
- Elementary & Secondary | March 28, 2019 Riverton High (gym), 12476 S. Silverwolf Way, Riverton | 4:30-6 p.m.
TEACHER HIRING & TRANSFER TIMELINE Schools who have “hard to fill” openings for 2019-20 or “known vacancies” for either the 2018-19 or 2019-20, may advertise those positions on workatjordan.org effective immediately. These positions will be posted for a minimum of five working days before hiring. Current JSD employees are encouraged to apply for positions which you qualify.
- “Hard to fill openings” consist of positions for the 2019-20 year that are on the District’s Critical Need Priority List (based on the USBE Index of Criticality). “Hard to fill” positions include Math, Special Education, Psychologists, SLP’s, DLI, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Earth Systems, Integrated Science, Agriculture, Computer Programming, Health Science, Auto & Diesel Technology, Title 1, Engineering, and Business.
- “Known vacancies” are classified or licensed positions that a school must fill regardless of enrollment or FTE allocation. Examples of a “known vacancy” include Media Specialist, CTE Coordinator, Athletic Director, Band Director, Head Coach/Advisor, Head Custodian, etc.
Join the Jordan Education Foundation in helping to provide Christmas for deserving secondary students in Jordan School District through the annual Christmas for Kids event.
Students in need are carefully selected by school counselors, administrators and JSD Education Support staff to receive a free shopping spree at Gordmans. The students get to choose necessities like coats, boots, shoes, clothing, socks and other needs.
If you would like to donate or volunteer as a chaperone, please visit the Christmas for Kids website.
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon all offer discounts to Jordan School District employees. Please check out the latest deal flyers below.
Please be aware that you can opt out of receiving a printed District W-2 form. Instead, an electronic copy will be provided.
Jersey Mike’s Subs is holding a fundraiser to help support the Jordan Education Foundation’s Christmas for Kids. Visit the restaurant on Wednesday, Nov. 28, and get a free regular sub with a minimum $4.00 donation to the Jordan Education Foundation.
Cyclebar is offering 10% off all ride packages exclusively for District employees. Bring your employee badge to the studio to redeem. This offer expires January 31, 2019.